The Young Entrepreneur Challenge Fund by Access Agriculture invites entrepreneurs in the agricultural sector to submit innovative agribusiness proposals.
The Competition which is for Agripreneurs in Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific is to ensure broader access to and use of digital technologies for agricultural transformation.
Women and young people are the future and backbone of agricultural development.
Promoting agriculture as a business has gained currency in recent times to create more economic value and to encourage youth into agriculture.
Agriculture has been supported by rapid developments in information and communication technologies (ICT).
Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Program application ends March 1, 2019. Apply Now!
Across developing countries, mobile financial services are booming. Likewise, social media and apps help farmers forecast the weather or know about market prices.
Access Agriculture is a non-profit organisation that supports the distribution of quality training videos to share practical knowledge on farming and food processing across the global South.
Farmers in Latin America, Africa and Asia can learn from their peers on other continents.
Through the Young Entrepreneur Challenge Fund, Access Agriculture is requesting young people to propose innovative ideas to make a business, or expand their existing business, around the dissemination of agricultural videos.
Through this competitive grant, the most inspiring and promising young entrepreneurs will receive a Digisoft smart projector.
This projector has an in-built computer and contains the entire Access Agriculture library with over 200 videos in more than 75 international and local languages.
The smart projector comes with a battery and a portable solar panel, so videos can be shown without the internet or electricity.
By building on the ICT skills and networks of young men and women, we believe we can better train farmers and make agriculture more attractive to youth and reach more women.
Young Entrepreneur Challenge Fund Eligibility Criteria
- One person or teams of up to 4 young people can submit a proposal
- Age: younger than 30 years
- Country of residence: any country in Latin America, Africa or Asia-Pacific
- You need to be registered and logged in on Access Agriculture before you can submit an application form
Proposal guidelines, submission and review process
- Individuals or teams of up to 4 people can submit.
- Each person can only be part of one proposal.
- Submission of proposals is only through our online system.
- The form must be submitted at one sitting. So, decide what you want to write for each section and then copy and paste the information into the appropriate section on the form.
- No email or other type of applications will be accepted.
- You need to present the key ideas of your business proposal as laid out in the submission form.
- Proposals need to be submitted before 21st March 2019.
- Proposals are reviewed by a committee of communication and development professionals.
5 winners will be selected based on the novelty and strength of their business plan.
Depending on the availability of funds to support our Young Entrepreneur Challenge Fund, more winners may be identified.
All people or teams who submitted proposals will be informed by email on the outcome of this process on May 1.
How to Enter for the Youth Entrepreneur Challenge Fund
Interested in participating in the Youth Entrepreneur Challenge Fund? Visit the application portal now and apply
You might want to learn more about Program here.
Good luck as you enter.
Share this post with your friends and networks so they too can apply