Sterling Bank Plc. in partnership with the CBN and the NYSC has launched a Youth Innovative Entrepreneurship Development Programme, YIEDP through which young Nigerian entrepreneurs can access up to N3 million to fund their businesses.
The Programme is aimed at harnessing the latent entrepreneurial spirit among the teeming youths by providing timely and affordable loans to implement their business ideas.
The following categories of youth (aged 18 – 35) are eligible under this scheme:
- Serving youth corps members
- Non-NYSC (not more than 5 years post NYSC)
Qualified Business Sectors:
- Food Processing / Preservation
- Arts & Crafts
- Manufacturing / Cottage Industry
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Construction Support
- Power & Energy
- Education & Financial Inclusion
- Film & Photography
The details below are relevant for all eligible youth:
- Eligible youth can apply for the loan through this portal using his/her NYSC State Code.
- Applications can be made as an Individual or as a group (of 3-5 applicants with similar business interest)
- A single applicant can access up to a facility limit N3m while group project jointly owned by 3-5 qualified beneficiaries can access up to a facility limit of N10m.
- Security: Graduate entrepreneurs will use their tertiary institution(s) certificate(s) and their NYSC discharge certificate. Serving Corp members will pledge their NYSC discharge certificate and their tertiary institution(s) certificates(s). Also, legal ownership of assets financed by the Bank and 3rd party guarantors will be requested as additional collateral from all entrepreneurs.
Then apply through the YIEDP application portal.
Or visit the main YIED Programme website to learn more about the programme and how you can participate.
Don’t forget to share this post to your friends and network using the buttons below