The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the NNPC/Shell/ Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV) announces the 2016 LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme for youths from Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers States.
The programme is similar to the Livewire Entrepreneurship Programme conducted earlier this year for Ogoni indigenes.
LiveWIRE is a youth enterprise development programme supported by the SPDC JV. The programme aims to inspire, encourage and support young entrepreneurs aged 18-35 to start their own businesses through the provision of training and start-up finance.
The LiveWIRE programme objectives are to:
- Enable youths to establish businesses by providing business planning and management skills through the ‘Become a Successful Business Owner Course’.
- Provide business startup grants for candidates with the best business plans.
- Link successful candidates to third parties like banks, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and allied financial institutions.
- Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for successful candidates.
- Pre-startup:- Value and Organize Yourself (VOY)
- Bright Ideas workshop
- Business Planning & Management (Become a Successful Business Owner)
- Business Startup (How to access finance & technology)
- Post startup (Mentoring, Incubation, Market linkages)
- Male and female applicants from Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers States aged between 18-35;
- Must possess a university degree or HND
- Must possess the NYSC discharge certificate or certificate of exemption;
- Must be resident in Delta, Bayelsa, or Rivers States;
- Must have an innovative business idea; and
- Must desire to own and manage a business.
• SPDC DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS.
The application is entirely FREE of charge.
• SPDC DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist in the application process.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email/SMS.
How to apply
Applicants who meet the above eligibility criteria should apply online at the Shell Livewire Nigeria Entrepreneurship Programme application portal.
Deadline for Application:
Tuesday October 25, 2016.
Learn more about the programme by visiting the Shell Livewire Nigeria Entrepreneurship Website.
Good Luck as You Apply!
Share this to get your friends informed too!