The Road to Women’s Business Growth project is a unique initiative which will build the business skills of women entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
The project aims at increasing women’s access to financial services and markets and empowering them to grow profitable and sustainable business, ultimately promoting their long-term economic independence.
There is no registration fee. However, please note that participants are requested to cover travel/transportation costs to the project’s training centres located in three cities: Lagos, Abuja or Uyo.
The project will focus on providing support to women entrepreneurs through its two phased approach:
- 500 small business owners will be trained in financial literacy and investment readiness over six (6) weeks, including two classroom workshops and four weeks of e-learning (January – March 2016).
- 100 top performing women entrepreneurs (out of the 500) will receive intensive business support in the form of tailored business training and services and ongoing mentoring over six months (from May 2016).
How to Apply
Step 1 – Check Your Eligibility
- Check that you are qualified to apply. See the section “Who can apply?” below.
Step 2 – Register
- Click HERE to register if you have not already done so
- You will receive a confirmation email from “Road to Growth Programme” with all the details you will need to log in.
Step 3 – Complete Application
- Once you have successfully registered, log in and click the “Start Application” button on the Start Application Tab on this page. To return to your application, click the “save and continue” button and come back to it at any time. Once you are done with your application, click on the “Submit” button at the end of the form to send it to the programme organizers.
Step 4 – Keep Informed
- After the closing date you will be notified if you have been shortlisted for the next stage of the competition. Constantly check the Road to Growth Programme homepage for regular updates.
To be eligible for this program you need to:
- Own a business in Nigeria.
- Operate a business in a high-growth sector.
- Have 3 – 49 staff.
- Have an annual turnover of N3-20 million.
- Have English language fluency
- Have a business which has generated profit for at least 2 years.
- Have a strong desire and commitment to grow your business.
- Have basic computer literacy
- Have a need for additional investment and have had no previous access to formal financial services
- To apply, please follow step 2 and 3 above
- The deadline for application is 5pm on 10 December 2015. Applications will be evaluated as they arrive, and decisions will be made on a rolling basis. Places will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Thus, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- The programme organizers will not consider applications once they have finalized recruitment of 500 women for the program.
- Selection results will be announced in January 2016
- For questions please contact Lola at Lfalokun@pau.edu.ng or call 08174583173.
If you like this post and want to receive more updates on similar opportunities, sign up in the form below and stay connected!