The She Leads Africa (SLA) Accelerator is a 3-month program designed to identify, support and fund the next generation of Nigeria’s brightest female entrepreneurs. The winner of a Demo Day will receive a N2 million investment from She Leads Africa Fund.
Benefits of participating in the program
- 3 months intensive training on business and operational skills
- Exclusive access and mentorship from some of Nigeria’s leading business personalities
- Demo day in front of local and international investors
- Features in local and international media
- Feature in a Ndani TV web series
How to participate in the programme
- Put together a top notch application package, ace the semi-final interviews and get selected by the review committee.
- In July spend 1 week of residency at SLA HQ in Lagos being trained by the SLA team and connecting with some of Nigeria’s most prominent business and operational experts.
- Return home for 3 weeks, implement the lessons you’ve learned and reach out to the SLA team whenever you need support.
- Repeat the 1 week residency in August and September.
- Join us in Lagos for Demo Day in October. Pitch your business to a room of local and international investors and media. Previous SLA entrepreneurs have been featured on Forbes and CNN and received brand endorsements after pitch day. In total they’ve gone on to raise $1 million and a lucky few even got to pitch to Aliko Dangote himself.
- The top entrepreneur will walk away with a N 2 million investment from the SLA team in exchange for 7% equity. The others receive 3 months of intensive support and access to a vast network of mentors and investors.
- Business with at least one woman aged 18-35 as a shareholder or owner
- Based in Nigeria
- Less than 3 years in operations
How to Apply?
Submit your application Here! Remember, you must upload your pitch deck to your VC4A profile in order for your application to be complete.
Deadline for submission of applications: May 31, 2016. Late entries will under no circumstances be accepted.
N/B: Make sure you join the She Leads Africa community to gain access to application tips, free downloadable guide on how to create a BOSS pitch deck and an invitation to a private webinar with the SLA cofounders where you can ask your questions and hear directly from them on what they’re looking for.
You might want to get more information about the SLA programme. Visit the official website Here
You don’t want to miss out on other updates on entrepreneurial opportunities, so just drop your email in the sign up form below and have them right in your inbox.