KICKSTART is an entrepreneurship programme implemented in: South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland & Tanzania for young people aged between 18 and 35 years.
The programme is intended to empower the youth to create their own jobs and funds youth owned businesses through business training, seed capital, post investment support (mentoring and coaching). Entrepreneurs with the strongest business case win grant funding.
The programme is run in partner between the International Breweries and SABMiller which spans the different continents of the world.
The KICK START program is aimed at creating a culture of entrepreneurship among young people (18-35YEARS) by promoting business awareness and material support through the following:
- Developing business skills through training
• Providing grants as start-up capital (new businesses) or
• Grants to support expansion of existing small businesses
• Providing post investment support (mentoring & coaching)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
- The competition is open only to citizens of Nigeria (born or naturalised)
• Youth as determined by International breweries plc i.e. (18-35 years old)
• Entrants must be prepared to run & manage their business on a full time basis
• The judges decision on determining winners is final & no correspondence will be entered into
• Other rules to be contained in the application form
• Qualifying businesses
• Legally permissible businesses in terms of local laws
• New businesses requiring start up capital
• Existing small businesses needing capital to expand operations
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 6TH SEPT, 2015