Applications are being invited from suitably qualified Fintech startups to participate in the Village Capital Fintech Africa 2018 Programme.
As we all know, Mobile money has transformed the financial landscape in sub-Saharan Africa. According to the 2017 GSMA Mobile Economy Report, forty-three percent (43%) of the population in sub-Saharan Africa now has access to mobile phones and similar devices.
Financial technology (fintech) services like peer-to-peer mobile payments have made financial services much more accessible and brought millions of unbanked and underbanked Africans closer to the formal economy. Moving beyond the initial success stories in major markets of fintech innovation like Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa, we’ve seen expansion of products and services in Ghana, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, and beyond.
We are therefore excited to launch the Village Capital Fintech Africa 2018 program in collaboration with PayPal.
Village Capital seeks startups in Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana, Uganda, Rwanda, and Tanzania that:
- Address financial health concerns including insuretech, pensions and savings, cooperative finance, and financial literacy;
- Leverage data for alternative means of credit scoring, identity verification and protection, and consumer insights;
- Integrate financial health services with other mobile services including social media, gaming, and online commerce;
- Apply fintech solutions to drive innovation and business model improvement in our other sectors of interest: agriculture, energy, education, and health.
Friday, November 24th 2017, 12:00 AM.
Workshop Dates in 2018:
- Workshop 1: March 6 – 9
- Workshop 2: April 10 – 13
- Workshop 3: May 8 – 11
Apply now for the Village Capital Fintech Africa 2018 program.
If you have any questions, please contact Tina Nyamache at email@example.com
Good luck as you apply!
Share this among your friends and networks, so they too can apply.