Are you an entrepreneur in a developing country whose business focuses on any aspect of the agricultural value chain?
Do you want to gather experiences that would enable you grow your business and expand into low-income communities?
Then register to participate in AHUB’s bootcamp on inclusive agribusiness practice.
In this 4-week online bootcamp, participants of the 2SCALE programme take the stage to share their practical experience as Inclusive Business entrepreneurs, with a focus on agribusiness and gender best practices.
2SCALE is an agribusiness incubator aiming to improve rural livelihoods and Food and Nutrition security in Africa by accelerating inclusive business in agri-food industries. In this course, male and female entrepreneurs from Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Nigeria, Benin and Ghana will share their experience.
There are four main target groups:
- Entrepreneurs in developing countries who would like to expand or improve their business towards low-income communities
- Entrepreneurs in developing countries who want to create a level playing field for male and female entrepreneurs, and support women’s economic empowerment through their business;
- Staff of intermediary organisations working with local entrepreneurs, such as NGOs, business development services or investors;
- Students in business-related fields who would like to learn about inclusive business entrepreneurship.
The participants will tackle the following topics:
- Value proposition: Knowing your products and services
- Marketing at the BoP: Do’s and Don’ts
- Developing effective distribution and sales channels
- Managing an Inclusive Business: women’s entrepreneurship and inclusion
These topics will be addressed in 4 interrelated modules which participants can follow at their own convenience over a 4-week period. Each module consists of videos, background reading material, and an assignment. On the module level, there is room to interact with other course participants. Experts are also active on the forum and will provide feedback on assignments.
Deadline for registration is October 17, 2016
Programme begins October 24, 2016
Good luck as you apply
Share with your friends so they can take part too!