The Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) initiative is a programme by the Bank of Industry (BOI) designed to address youth unemployment in Nigeria which is currently over 50%.
Through the YES programme, BOI is poised to tackle the youth capacity building challenge by focusing on young aspiring entrepreneurs within the age bracket of 18 – 35 years that have viable business ideas. This crop of Nigerians forms a significant proportion of unemployed youth in the country.
The YES Programme has components including:
- Eight (8) weeks intensive online Entrepreneurship and Business Management training which has the ability to test participants’ understanding and track their progress.
- Five (5) days in-class Entrepreneurship and Business Management training
Technical skills training in partnership with the various technical training and vocational institutes in the country.
- Financing the businesses by BOI under its SME Cluster initiative in consonance with the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa’s Commodity-based Industrialization Strategy.
The YES Programme has objectives including:
- To create an interactive learning platform to train young aspiring entrepreneurs in entrepreneurship and business management that will ultimately translate into improved efficiency and productivity.
- To kindle the entrepreneurial spirit of the youths.
- To act as an incubation center where business ideas are nurtured to their full potential as well as entrenching global best practices by inculcating a culture of innovation-driven entrepreneurship and ethics in the programme participants.
- Promotion of self-employment among graduates of institutions of higher learning, thereby changing their job-seeking mindset.
- To deepen financial inclusion by de-risking the young aspiring entrepreneurs and making them eligible for small business loans to be provided by BOI.
- The applicant must be a Nigerian.
- Must have a viable business idea within the34 identified clusters that is operated, or will operate in Nigeria.
- Must be within the age limits of 18 and 35. (Proof of identity: International passport/Driver’s License/National ID/Voters card required).
- Must possess a minimum educational qualification of Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- Applicant must be able to carry out the application process online.
To Apply, Click HERE
If you like this post and want to receive more updates on similar opportunities, sign up in the form below and stay connected!