The Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) programme is an ambitious programme by the Bank of Industry (BOI) aimed at addressing youth unemployment in Nigeria which is currently over 50%.
BOI’s approach to tackling the youth capacity building challenge is to focus on young aspiring entrepreneurs within the age bracket of 18 – 35 years that have viable business ideas by developing a Product Program – Youth Enterprise Support Programme (YES Programme), for empowering them.
Components of the YES Programme
- Eight (8) weeks intensive online Entrepreneurship and Business Management training which has the ability to test participants’ understanding and track their progress.
- Five (5) days in-class Entrepreneurship and Business Management training
- Technical skills training in partnership with the various technical training and vocational institutes in the country.
- Financing the businesses by BOI under its SME Cluster initiative in consonance with the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa’s Commodity-based Industrialization Strategy.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1 – Check Your Eligibility
Check that you are qualified to apply. See the section “Who can apply?” below.
Step 2 – Register
Click here to register if you have not already done so
You will receive a confirmation email from YES Programme with all the details you will need to log in.
Step 3 – Complete Application
Once you have successfully registered, log in and click the “Start Application” button on the Start Application Tab on this page. To return to your application, click the “save and continue” button and come back to it at any time.
Once you are done with your application, click on the “Submit” button at the end of the form to send it to the Bank of Industry. You can submit only ONE application per “application cycle” (typically 3-4 months).
Step 4 – Keep Informed
After the closing date you will be notified if you have been shortlisted for the next stage of the competition. Constantly check the YES Programme homepage for regular updates.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for the Competition you must satisfy the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a Nigerian.
- Must have a viable business idea within the 40 identified clusters that is operated, or will operate in Nigeria.
- Must be within the age limits of 18 and 35. (Proof of identity: International passport/Driver’s License/National ID/Voters card required).
- Must possess a minimum educational qualification of Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- Applicant must be able to carry out the application process online.
Deadline for Application is July 17, 2016
Want to get more details about the competition, Visit the official website
You don’t want to miss out on other updates on entrepreneurial opportunities, so just drop your email in the sign up form below and have them right in your inbox