Unilever Africa Idea Trophy is a Development initiative designed to create an “out-of-the-classroom” learning experience that focuses on the development of personal and entrepreneurial competencies among students across Africa.
It is a challenging and creative experience, where you need to figure out how business works in real life while developing your own skills and competencies.
- This initiative is a business challenge and not a game!
What Unilever is looking for:
- Your excitement & passion
- Creative ideas built on an innovative strategy
- Great fit with the project brief
- Applicability to real business life
- Appeal to Close-up’s target group: The Youth
Why you should Participate:
- It’s a rare opportunity to make real impact.
- It’s an educative platform to meet people with progressive mind-sets.
- You get free mentorships from top-notch achievers within the business cycle.
Task 1 (compulsory):
- In a maximum of 250 words, produce a creative, powerful and inspiring idea for an advert that explores the need for physical closeness.
Your idea should be engaging enough to get our consumers to participate and share similar experiences
It should be scalable across the African continent
Tips for Success
Identify territories that spark meaningful conversations in your market: One that resonates with our youths.
We need our target audience to be able to defend the idea -to adopt the cause -to make their own bold move.
Keep it real -All Closeup work has a strong design aesthetic. It represents the new, the young. Even heavier topics need to be delivered in a way that feels polished and cool.
Keep it young (edgy. Cool, vibrant, surprising)
1 Insight –deep human truth
2 Idea -Is the idea unique/authentic?
3 Relevance-Is it relevant to the youth in your market today?
4 Viral-ability –Can it drive talkability?
5 Scalability –Can it go beyond your country into Africa?
It must be linked to the brand “Closeup”
To Apply for the Unilever Africa Idea Trophy, Click Here
To Visit the Main website, click Here
You don’t want to miss out on other updates on entrepreneurial opportunities, so just drop your email in the sign up form below and have them right in your inbox.