The tenth edition of the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge is the largest annual and international green business plan competition.
The winner gets a whopping 500,000 EUR to help bring her or his plan to market. The runner-up will receive 200,000 EUR.
The Postcode Lottery started the competition in 2007, after being inspired by President Clinton to look for those dedicated entrepreneurs with brilliant green business plans. Plans that are ready to speed up the transition towards a low carbon economy.
The answers to the issues of our time are already in front of us. But it takes entrepreneurs like our former finalists to raise those answers and get them out into the world.
- should have the potential to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions by an amount you can roughly estimate;
- should be developed enough to execute;
- should be realizable as a usable product or service within the next two years
- should preferably have integrated Cradle2Cradle principles in their designs
Besides these criteria, the jury will also look at factors as: Communication potential, courageousness and creativity.
- be willing to bring your idea to market yourself, and to commit to working with any organization necessary for developing the product and/or implementing the service;
- be 18 years or older
- agree with all of the competition’s Terms & Conditions
- carefully answer all the questions on the entry form in English
- be willing to attend the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge in Amsterdam if you are selected as a finalist and present your idea to the jury.
An elevator pitch will go a long way
One of the questions you will be asked you when you enter the competition, is to create an elevator pitch.
An elevator pitch is a short clip of your business pitch, recorded in the time it would take you to convince a possible investor of your business plan whilst you’re both in the same elevator.
If you are a driven social entrepreneur, your goal is to make your dream come true. To make that happen, you will need backup: financial, but also creative and inspirational back-up.
Whether you are entering the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge or not, you will have to pitch your business plan thousands of times if you are looking for investors. Here’s your chance to work on that pitch.
Deadline for submission of entries: June 1st, 2016
To enter for the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge, APPLY NOW!
If you want more information about the competition or about how to submit a successful entry, Visit The Competition’s Website.
You don’t want to miss out on other updates on entrepreneurial opportunities, so just drop your email in the sign up form below and have them right in your inbox.