The Government of Egypt has unveiled a PanAfrican tech program, the African App Launchpad initiative designed to build the capacity of tech entrepreneurs across Africa in App and Game development.
The African App Launchpad (AAL) initiative is an PanAfrican platform aiming to build the capacity of Egyptian and African youth and foster the establishment of sustainable Egyptian and African startups in the area of the advanced ever-changing app and game technologies.
AAL targets building capacity of 10,000 learners and establishing 100 startups. AAL works by availing a high-quality, technology-learning online platform through crowd-sourcing top online content developed by prestigious universities and leading companies, and delivered through three leading MOOCs; Coursera, edX, and Udacity.
Objectives of the African App Launchpad Initiative
- Building capacity and certifying young African calibers on the recent advances in app and game technologies.
- Supporting creation of job and business opportunities for the African youth through wage employment, freelancing, and startup establishment.
- Increasing the competitiveness of African ICT companies by availing an abundant talent pool.
- Forming Africa-wide learning networks in leading technologies to act as platform for fostering technology innovation and entrepreneurship.
Benefits of participating in the African App Launchpad Initiative
- Free top-quality learning track in one of the advanced app and game technologies.
- Prestigious international certificate after successfully completing the learning track.
- Potential chance to attend a local learning group to experience cross learning and discuss business impact of the underlying technologies.
- Opportunity to join startup competitions where each winning startup is awarded USD 2K in additional to possible seed fund or incubation service.
- Being informed of Africa-wide employment opportunities.
You may also like Labs by ARM Accelerator Program for Tech Entrepreneurs
- Citizens of each participating African state can submit their application through the initiative website currently being developed.
- Applicants are accepted as learners subject to fulfilling the following criteria:
- Higher-education graduate of year 2006 or after or about to graduate in the next two years.
- Good knowledge of essential ICT technologies as proven by
University degree in ICT specialization.
- Min 5-year work track in ICT proven by stamped reference letters and approved by the corresponding African state’s focal point
- Min 6-month international training record in software technologies proven by formal certificates and approved by the corresponding African state’s focal point.
- In case of limited seats, priority is given to those with university degree then to those with work experience then to those with training record.
The workplan of the AAL initiative is outlined in the graph below, where periodic learning cohorts will take place every 6 months for 10,000 learners as well as BootUP camps and startup competitions that will be held periodically to select the 100 startups to establish
How to Apply for the African App Launchpad Initiative
If you’re interested and eligible to be part of the African App Launchpad Program, then visit the application portal and apply now.
Deadline: Not Set
Learn more about the African App Launchpad Initiative here.
Any enquiries? send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp +2348163052034
Share this post with your friends and networks so they too can apply.
Good luck as you apply.