The 2017 Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship aim to recognize some of the continent’s most innovative and impactful entrepreneurs. Over the past 8 years, AAE has attracted over 7,000 applications from industries and sectors ranging from education. health, transport, energy among others.
Applications for nominations to The Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship (AAE) are now open. The awards aim to recognize Africa’s most talented entrepreneurs across 4 categories:
- Best Growing Business: high growth companies
- Best Mature Business: legacy companies with significant revenue base and continental footprint
- Youth Entrepreneur of the Year :entrepreneurs under the age of 35
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year: social impact oriented enterprises
Previous winners of this prestigious award include Spark Schools (South Africa), Astro Mobile (Zimbabwe), Prep Class (Nigeria) and Aspen Holdings (Mauritius).
After undergoing a rigorous nomination and selection process, 12 finalists (3 per category) will be invited to attend the African Leadership Network (ALN) Annual Gathering which will be hosted in Mauritius in November this year, where one winner per category will be announced. The Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship are an initiative of the African Leadership Network.
- Only African companies are eligible for these awards. You will be required to provide proof that your core operations are on the continent.
- We look for a track record of innovation, profitability, business excellence and social impact
- Businesses from any sector are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants interested in the Outstanding Young Entrepreneur category must be 35 years old or below.
- Applications must be filed by a single company representative.
(Our Selection will be based on the following criteria)
- Leadership, culture and values: This majorly points out to how your organization invests in its employees as well as the values ethics that drive it.
- Innovation: We look for companies that are providing creative and leading edge solutions that add real value to the lives of customers
- Profitability:Your business should be commercially sustainable and demonstrate a robust financial position
- Long term Business Strategy:Your business should demonstrate a sound and coherent strategy for future growth and continued value addition
- Social & Economic impact on communities:Your business should be adding value to their communities. We are looking for companies that have a demonstrable commitment to using business for social impact
How to apply,
The first step is to fill in our application form and upload your supporting documents online via the ALN Website. We will notify you of the status of your application by the end of August.
Shortlisted candidates will the interviewed by our panel of judges via Skype interview. Successful candidates will be invited to attend the award ceremony in Mauritius.
Application Deadline for the 2017 African Awards for Entrepreneurship: 7 August 2017
Please visit the website of the African Awards for Entrepreneurship to learn more about the awards and how to apply.