Windows Insiders is the greatest community of people in the world who use the Windows technology to eradicate the world’s problems. This is announcing the #WINsiders4Good Nigeria Fellowship.
The fellowship targets innovative and technology savvy Nigerian entrepreneurs, who can’t stop thinking about ideas that will solve a local problem as well as improve the lives of fellow Nigerians.
This year, a fellowship of 20 Nigerian entrepreneurs will be launched to become the first ever, inaugural class of #WINsider4Good Fellows. If chosen, entrepreneurs will receive hardware and software along with 6 months of tailored technical and strategic mentorship from local and international leaders to help bring their unique ideas to life.
You are eligible to participate in the #WINSiders4Good Fellowship program if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a member of the Windows Insider Program;
- You are a legal resident of Nigeria;
- You are 18 or older;
- You have an original idea for a product or service that improves the lives of fellow Nigerians;
- You or your family members aren’t employees of Microsoft;
- You are not a government employee.
20 #WINSiders4Good Fellows will be selected on November 2016 based on the following criteria:
- Social Impact
- Addresses a common issue affecting a clearly identified segment of the Nigerian population and provides a clear benefit to the potential customers in addressing this issue
- Market Viability
- The product or service has a clearly defined market that is willing and able to pay for the services to address the issue, the paying customer does not always be the end user
- The product or service provides a unique approach to the issues faced by the Nigerian people through a net new innovation the market has yet seen; an improvement on existing solutions; or a combination of multiple solutions for more effective and efficient intervention
- The business has the potential to serve customers across the geographic region where the entrepreneur is based, or across all of Nigeria
Please read the complete Program Terms for more details on the eligibility, criteria and other rules for this Fellowship.
Apply now by visiting the application portal
Deadline for Application: October 10, 2016.
Round 1 Application Opens: September 21, 2016
Round 1 Application Closes: October 10, 2016
Round 2 Application Opens: October 17, 2016
Round 2 Application Closes: October 24, 2016
Fellows Announced: November 16, 2016
Fellowship Boot-camp: November 16 – 22, 2016
Mentorship Program: January 4 – June 30, 2017
Good luck as you apply!
Find this useful, share with your friends!