Overview of VV GROW Fellowship
The VV GROW Fellowship is a highly competitive one-year accelerator program for women owners of small and medium businesses in Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa. The program includes customized business skills training, technical assistance, leadership development, and access to networks to grow their businesses and increase their leadership impact. Through global and regional online and in-person trainings, fellows focus on strategy and long-term business value paired with action-oriented plans. They amplify their role as leaders in their businesses and their communities to create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth and produce wider social benefits.
Components of the fellowship
Global Virtual Learning: Over 4-6 months fellows complete a series of webinars, assignments, online courses, assessments, and one-on-one calls with peers, Vital Voices staff, and trainers. Fellows begin to build their knowledge about marketing, networking, business planning, financial management and leadership, the core topics of the program. Fellows assess the current state of their business and leadership in order to determine where they are; analyze their business to identify opportunities for growth; and define specific business growth goals to identify where they want to go.
Regional In-Person Training: Each year, fellows from each region gather in one country in their region to participate in a four-day regional, in-person training workshop that will guide them in creating an action plan outlining how they will accomplish their business growth goals. Fellows also get the opportunity to meet, connect with, network with and learn from other fellows from their region, Vital Voices staff, trainers and members of the local business community.
Growth Services and Support: Following the in-person training, fellows apply and revise their action plans, as well as evaluate their progress towards their growth goals. Throughout the last 6 months of the fellowship, Vital Voices staff work with fellows to connect them to individualized growth services and support, based on the goals and action items in their action plan.
Vital Voices seeks applications from women business owners from Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa, who:
- Own a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years,
- Employ at least 3 full time staff, and
- Generate at least USD $40,000 in annual sales
As an interested applicant, you:
- Are motivated to build the skills and make the changes needed to grow your business,
- Have demonstrated leadership within your community
- Have the authority to make critical decisions within your business
- Are excited to participate in a one year business accelerator program, and
- Are willing and committed to have your business growth tracked by Vital Voices for 1 year during the Fellowship, and 2 years afterwards through methods including online surveys and phone calls.
Your responsibilities as a VV GROW fellow
- 4-7 hours per week of webinars, assignments and calls during the global virtual learning phase (June-September 2016)
- Attending the entirety of the 4-day regional in person training workshop in October
- Active participation in the growth services and support (November 2016 – May 2017)
- Collaboration with Vital Voices on tracking your business growth for up to three years via completion of brief, periodic online surveys
Benefits of being a VV GROW fellow
- Strengthened knowledge, skills, and confidence in 5 core areas: business planning, leadership, financial management, networking, and marketing
- Access to 12 business management and leadership courses through Harvard Business School Publishing’s online platform, Harvard Manage Mentor (HMM) for one year
- Up to 17 interactive webinars led by expert trainers from across the globe
- Participation in a 4-day in-person, regional training workshop
- A network of women business leaders from across the globe
- Access to highly qualified staff and business consultants
- Opportunities for referrals to business support services tailored to your needs
- A certificate of completion
How can I apply?
Fill out an application for the program HERE!
Note that the application deadline is January 31, 2016. Late applications will not be considered.
If you like this post and want to receive more updates on similar opportunities, sign up in the form below and stay connected!