The Orange Social Venture Prize will this year reward entrepreneurs developing products or services that use ICT in an innovative way to meet the needs of people in Africa or the Middle East in fields such as health, agriculture, education, energy, industry or trade with up to 55,000 EUR in total prize money.
Over the past five years, thousands of projects have been submitted for the Orange Social Venture Prize which displays the dynamism of entrepreneurs and the potential of the telecommunications sector in the region.
Any entrepreneur (aged 21 or over) or legal entity that has been in existence for fewer than three years at the time of the competition may participate at no cost and with no restriction on nationality.
Submitted projects must be designed to be deployed in at least one of the African or Middle Eastern countries in which Orange operates (Botswana, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Mauritius, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Equatorial Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Liberia, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Senegal, Tunisia and Jordan) and must use information and communications technology in an innovative way to help improve the living conditions of the populations in these countries.
Four winning projects will receive grants as follows:
First Prize: 25,000 EUR
Second Prize: 15,000 EUR,
Third Prize: 10,000 EUR
Fourth Prize: 25,000 EUR.
How to Apply
Candidates must fill in and send, via the Site, the following two documents within the deadlines stipulated. These two documents will be the only documents consulted by the jury during the pre-selection phase and must be written in English or French.
- Entry form
- It is available on line and should be filled in directly on the Site
- Asterisked fields must be filled in to validate the entry.
- Entry file relative to the Project
- The format authorized is that of a file in PDF format of 10 Mb maximum.
- Important: The name of the said file must be strictly identical to the name of the project mentioned in the first field of the entry form.
The elements for constituting the Project File are the following:
- Summary presentation of the Project: between 1000 and 2000 characters
- Analysis of the market
- Identification of the market opportunity
- Presentation of the product/service proposed
- Information about the management team
- Financial forecasts
- Evaluation of the societal impact
More information on the entry guidelines can be obtained by downloading the Rules of the Competition
Deadline for Submission of Applications: 21 September 2016 (9 PM GMT) on Entrepreneur Club Webpage
For more information on the Orange Social Venture Prize, please visit the Main Website
Good luck as you participate!
Remember, there’s love in Sharing!
So, don’t forget to share by using the social media buttons below!
You don’t want to miss out on other updates on entrepreneurial opportunities, so just drop your email in the sign up form below and have them right in your inbox.