Making All Voices Count holds its third annual Global Innovation Competition (GIC 2016). The GIC is open to applicants from around the world with inspiring ideas.
If you have an idea/proven concept for a project that uses innovative technology to improve the relationship between government and citizens in Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Indonesia, the Philippines, Liberia, Tanzania, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Mozambique, Uganda and Nigeria, we invite you to apply.
Everyone is invited to participate; public votes and nominations will determine which entries progress in the competition.
This year five themes are being tackled. These themes relate to the programme’s overarching goal; better governance, transparency and accountability, and decreased corruption. The themes are also promoted by Open Government Partnership (OGP) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). These are:
- Political Party Funding.
- Human Rights and Transitional Justice.
- Extractive Industries.
- Climate Change and Resilience.
- Finalists will attend the Global Innovation Week in Accra, Ghana; a programme of intensive networking and mentorship.
- winners will receive grants from a pool of GBP 450,000 to support their projects, plus expert mentorship
- applications open on September 8th, 2015 and close on October 4, 2015 at 23:59 GMT;
- public voting and nominations begins on October 12, 2015, and ends on November 11, 2015 at 23:59 GMT;
To apply click HERE!
Remember: Deadline for application is October 4, 2015.