Startup Open is a global competition to identify and recognize startups founded between GEW 2014 and GEW 2015. It is open to any entrepreneurs who has just or is about to start a new venture and has a “startup moment” between November 23, 2014 and November 16, 2015.
A startup moment can be when a business is incorporated, doors open for business, a first sale is completed, outside funding is secured, or something else that can be interpreted as the company is “open for business.”
Startup Open recognizes the GEW 50 – the 50 most promising ventures from around the world– based on their growth potential, passion, creativity, level of idea development, and pitching skills.
Those 50 companies will then compete for a handful of prizes with the winners announced during GEW, November 16-22, 2015.
Applicants will have until September 14 to submit their startup. The GEW 50 will be announced in October and the Startup Open winner will be announced during GEW.
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Applications will be accepted from January 1, 2015, until September 14, 2015.
- Applications will only be accepted online through the iStart platform or through an officially approved National Competition.
- It is not required that a startup be incorporated, but a company cannot be incorporated over 18 months to compete.
- The GEW 50 and the winners will be selected by a panel of judges who are looking at a range of criteria including growth potential, passion, creativity, level of idea development, and their pitching skills.
- Each judge’s score is weighed equally.
- Prizes are nontransferable.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- This contest is subject to all federal, state and municipal laws.